Extra sugar in your diet is keeping you fat and unhealthy. You might not even realize where the sugar is hidden in your food. The sugar is tricking your body into thinking that you need more for survival. And you do! You're not getting the right nutrition you need for optimal health. So you have to naturally keep eating more.
You're not sleeping enough, your life is stressful in many ways, food quality isn't as good as it used to be, your thought patterns are creating havoc in your mind, relationships may not be serving your highest good. You're drained for energy. Good solid energy.
This is where sugar comes in. It's that quick fix. It gives you the energy you so desperately need. No wonder it's hard to stop eating it. You NEED it badly!It's not your fault that you're over weight and feel bad.
Sugar is high in calories but low in nutrition value. It has no fiber, vitamins, minerals or other nutrients. It doesn't "fill" you up, but rather it makes you want more to eat and drink. It strips you of your nutrients.
This is the unfortunate part. It's making you sick as well. Too much sugar is making you sick. I'm not talking about natural sugar in fruits and vegetables. (Unless you're diabetic and must restrict sugar) I'm talking about the empty calories and nutrition in processed food and drinks.
According to the Nutrition Research Center within an hour of drinking a soda:
- In the First 10 Minutes:10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.)
- 20 minutes:Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands onto into fat.
- 40 Minutes:Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your liver dumps more sugar into your blood stream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
- 45 Minutes:Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure center of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works.
- 60 Minutes:The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- 60 Minutes:The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
- 60 Minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the soda. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used.
So there you have it, an example of what sugar can do to your body in 60 minutes. Imagine if you drank two cans of soda! Your body is an amazing instrument that will do whatever you ask it to. It depends on how you interact with it. When you ignore your bodies needs, it will exhibit symptoms of distress. Diabetes, heart disease, candida, cholesterol, alzheimer, crohns, ADD, suppressed immune system, tooth decay, arthritis, asthma, plays a role in pancreatic cancer, kidney stones, hormones, headaches, migraines, weight gain are just a few of the ways the body is trying to tell you to change something.